Hearings, Hearings, Hearings
It was a busy week in Madison and around the district!
This week, the Senate Health Committee held a public hearing on a number of bipartisan measures:
- We heard six proposed bills recommended by the Joint Legislative Council on standardizing death record keeping.
- A bill I authored that would allow more health care professionals to engage in cerumen management (ear wax removal) so folks can get hearing aids prescribed more efficiently.
- We also continued to hear executive appointments, including appointments to the Medical Examining Board, Board of Nursing, Dentistry Examining Board, and the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
To learn more about this hearing, click here!
On Wednesday, the Senate Committee on Mental Health, Substance Abuse Prevention, Children and Families, which I Vice-Chair, held an informational hearing on:
- The 2021 Wisconsin Child Abuse and Neglect Report
- The 90 Day and 6 Month Summary Reports of Incidents of Child Death, Serious Injury or Egregious Incident.
These hearings, though heartbreaking, are an important window into how we can do better by our kids.
The following day, the same committee conducted a public hearing on Senate Bill 350, which creates a grant system for mental health clubhouses. These crucial community gathering spots offer a warm and welcoming environment for folks who are struggling with their mental health.
We also heard a handful of other bills that I look forward to seeing move through the legislative process.
In addition, my office and I had productive meetings with:
- MCT Dairies, Inc.
- Local Eagle Scouts
- WAVE Educational Fund
- Wisconsin Department of Corrections
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Boy Scouts
- Semiquincentennial Commission
If you’d like to check out more of what I’m working on, click here!
Here is a list of some events happening around our area in the next few weeks. If you have an event you would like included in future e-updates, email us here!
Saturday, September 23rd: Lion’s Tail Brewing 8th Annual Oktoberfest, Neenah Farmers Market, Appleton Farmers Market, Family Astronomy Night
September 23rd and September 24th: Cuff Farms Pumpkin Patch Opening Weekend
Sunday, September 24th: Waverly Beach Fall Craft Show
Monday, September 25th: Monday Morning Book Klatch, Wild Child Adventure Storytime
Tuesday, September 26th: Food Truck Rally, Pints On The Plaza
Wednesday, September 27th: Greenville Farmers Market, Summer Market
Friday, September 29th: License to Cruise, The Hallows By Youth Go
Saturday, September 30th: Appleton Octoberfest
Below are some great resources to learn more about our community and fun events, opportunities to explore our wonderful parks and trails, along with great cuisine!
Traveling to the Capitol
My office is available five days a week for anyone looking to travel down to the Capitol and would like to check out our office!
If you are interested in a guided tour provided by my staff, or me, please email Sen.Cabral-Guevara@legis.
This session, I serve as the chair of the Senate Committee on Health. My number one priority has always been to increase affordability and accessibility in health care for the state of Wisconsin.
Click on the links to check out what the committees I serve on are up to!
Contacting My Office
My capitol office is here to help you with general inquiries as well as questions and concerns regarding legislative matters. Feel free to contact me or my staff. We are always ready to assist you in your needs. Please visit my website for press releases and other capitol updates.